Friday, January 18, 2013

Jobs for Talented Filipino Virtual Assistants

My heart's desire is to help my fellow Filipinos learn the opportunities that the internet revolution offers. In the Philippines we have lots of unemployed honest, industrious, talented and good people who like their family get a better life and later on contribute to their community specially in the provinces with lots of people who for the longest time have been experiencing hardships. I am together with you in that quest that is why I started researching on various ways to help, one of which is through blogging to share what I learned.


In October 2012, one blogpost here about Virtual Assistant (VA)  provided several sites where you can create an account. Today, I would like to share with you another website (www.onlinejobs.ph) looking to hire Filipino VAs (full-time or part-time work) for their partners in the US, Australia, Singapore, Canada, UK and other English speaking companies. Basic requirement is a good command of english, a computer and an internet connection as you will be required to work online. Filipino jobseekers will not be leaving the Philippines to work abroad, but instead will be working from home (or possibly from an internet cafe) doing online tasks for foreign companies. Common tasks include writing articles, blogs, forum posts, and other content. You might be updating websites or blogs. You might be doing some link building. Maybe programming (if that's a skill you have). You might be doing customer support through email or chat. Maybe you'll be designing web pages or building web sites. Doing research and gathering data is a common task. The tasks vary widely. You'll be matched up with a company looking for your skill set. You'll also likely be asked to learn new things and to grow!

I hope you find this article helpful to your success. If you would like to learn blogging, website creation, Wordpress, Joomla and others that I already learned from the internet, please join me in my FB page where I will share with you events that you can join, training materials, tips and online learnings that helped me through my online journey. Please also start paying forward by sharing this article with your Filipino friends, and relatives who you think might be interested to becoming a Virtual Assistant. 





3 comments:

  1. This is really a helpful article. Actually, I’ve been hiring Filipino VAs from onlinejobs.ph and Staff.com. I got my first online assistant from onlinejobs.ph and she was great. She knows how to handle everything including a few technical tasks she can deal with. It’s really great to know people from the Philippines, much more if you have a Filipino employee. Right now, I got a full time VA who knows how to deal with websites and other stuffs online. He speaks good English and he’s been part of the solid team I built for my online business. He’s also a Filipino and I got him through an endorsement from Staff.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you Derik!

    You are the first person who commented on my blog. :)

    Glad you got a skilled filipino VA.I hope you can share with me your website/online business. More power to you!

    Regards,
    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of VA's before but never really understood them. Thanks for the informative blog post!
    hire a online VA

    ReplyDelete