Monday, January 21, 2013

Further the dreams of the young and talented

Guess who I am with this morning? Yasmin Kurdi. Yes, I just met a celebrity today. For more than a month now, I started a daily regimen of at least 30 minutes exercise to control my blood sugar and prevent the dangers of insulin resistance. Fortunately today, I went to the gym a bit early and chanced upon Yasmin who was so gracious to answer my nosy questions. We were gasping for dear breath (it was obvious in me because i'm quite not so young) while at the treadmill running and talking, but it was a nice conversation.

Now, why was the title? Told her I've known her through the StarStruck reality TV competition, she continued she actually started showbiz very young as a model, then joined various competitions of which she did not win. In my thought she made it through from a very young age. She added she got her mother and grandmother supporting her while still struggling to be known in Philippine show business. I sensed she has a good heart when in passing she expressed she gave her Mother and Lola a house where they can live.

I would like to share with  you another story of a young and talented child. In our province, I met a family of seven blessed with intelligent youngest child. He is now on his third year high-school and struggling to finish school due to financial difficulties. By the way, I am not bragging, but I started financing his yearly tuition fee (amount is not that big) when he started high-school. During that time, he just graduated from elementary and received a second place award. I guess when I told his family that I will help, he was motivated to excel even more. From then, I learned he is always top of his class.

The feeling of seeing people succeed in life is truly awesome. Who you like to help and inspire today, may well be the one helping others tomorrow. God bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment