Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Do Random Acts of Kindness

DoRAK. I initially thought the word is still unique and good for making an acronym for "Do Random Act of Kindness" which is interesting enough to ring a thought about kindness. But amazingly and I am happy to learn that there is already a group in Michigan that used the word exactly as i imagined. See their story in this site.

Every year, since God knows when, I follow basic principle to do something good to my community as a gratitude to the ONE who gave me life and for another blessed year. Not because of receiving back a hundredfold, but because of the ecstatic feeling of seeing a glimpse of heaven through the people that I somehow touch or help. Doing random acts of kindness gives me purpose and depth. I would like you to feel the same and experience meaningful life journeys.


In the Philippines, we have plenty of opportunities to DoRAK using our 3 Ts - Time, Talent or Treasure:
1. Brighten someones day by your smile, friendly hello or a happy note. 
2. Join a community that serves.
    Church. GK. Habitat for Humanity. CFC. SFC. ANAWIM. Foundations. etc.
3. Participate in blood letting activities.
4. Gift giving to the poor.
5. Feeding programs.
6. Teach and share your talent and skills to the less fortunate kids.
7. Dedicate time to talk to an elderly.
8. Donate to charity.
 

The above post is brought to you by Melanie Santiago, who enjoys helping people be healthy. Click here to get to know Melanie Santiago better.

No comments:

Post a Comment